Vitabase Spirulina (500 mg) -- 100 Tablets
- Vitabase Spirulina provides the most remarkable concentration of nutrients known in any food, plant, grain, or herb.
- Offers a great whole-food alternative to isolated vitamins and minerals.
- Contains vegetable protein, beta-carotene, vitamin B12, iron, trace minerals, and GLA.
- Also contains all essential amino acids.
- Provides tablets, each of which contains 500 mg of spirulina.
Spirulina: A Rich Source of Nutrients
Spirulina is one of the most nutritious food sources on earth. Spirulina is 65% protein and contains B vitamins, beta-carotene, gamma linoleic acid (GLA), iron, calcium, magnesium, manganese, potassium, zinc, and bioflavonoids. Spirulina is considered a complete protein because it contains all the essential amino acids.
Spirulina is actually a blue-green algae which can be found in ponds and lakes. For thousands of years, spirulina has been a valuable food source for Mexicans, Asians, and Africans. The World Health Organization used it to feed malnourished children in India.
Besides being a good food source, spirulina has been shown to be beneficial to your health. For example, it is high in gamma linoleic acid, an essential fatty acid the body uses to produce anti-inflammatory agents.
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|