Vitabase Krill Oil -- 60 Softgels
- Vitabase Krill Oil delivers a potent 500 mg of purified krill oil in every easy-to-absorb softgel capsule.
- Provides rich source of omega-3 fatty acids.
- Contains high amounts of astaxanthin, a powerful antioxidant.
- Does not contain the aftertaste associated with fish oil.
- Supportive but inconclusive research shows that the consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
Scientists Have Discovered Many Benefits of Krill Oil
Krill oil comes from crustaceans that live in the colder regions of the ocean. Krill oil, like fish oil, is a rich source of omega-3 fatty acids (DHA and EPA). In addition to Omega-3 fatty acids, krill oil contains a powerful antioxidant called astaxanthin. Astaxanthin that comes from the algae which these crustaceans consume. Studies have shown that krill oil has a much higher antioxidant value than fish oil.
Studies of krill oil are fairly new and limited. At least one study of 120 people showed that krill oil was much more effective at balancing cholesterol levels than fish oil . A study in the Journal of the American College of Nutrition concluded that krill oil is helpful in reducing inflammation and arthritis symptoms. Other studies seem to support cardiovascular health, improved brain health, and anti-aging benefits.
Because krill is found in more remote cold-water areas, it contains much lower levels of mercury and other toxins
Though studies have been done, more study is necessary before specific health benefits of krill oil can be determined. Supportive but inconclusive research shows that the consumption of EPA and DHA omega-3 fatty acids may help to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin A (from Krill)||47 IU|
|Vitamin E (from Krill)||<1 IU|
|Krill Oil||500 mg|