Life Extension Optimized Carnitine -- 60 Vegetarian Capsules
- Carnitine is known to boost cellular function and transports fatty acids straight to the heart of your energy-producing mitochondria.
- Life Extension Optimized Carnitine With GlycoCarn® contains three different types of carnitine.
- It contains Acetyl-L-carnitine, Acetyl-L-carnitine arginate dihydrochloride (ArginoCarn®), and GlycoCarn®.
- L-carnitine helps to guard against oxidative damage.
Life Extension Optimized Canitine With GlycoCarn Helps You Maintain Cellular Energy
A major reason for the aging process is reduced energy-producing components of your cells. This results in reduced cellular metabolic activity, and the accumulation of cellular debris. L-carnitine helps your body maintain its cellular energy metabolism by aiding in the transportation of fatty acids from the cytosol into the mitochondria within the cell. This is where fats are oxidized to produce the cellular energy (adenosine triphosphate or ATP).
Acetyl-L-carnitine is the acetylated ester form of the amino acid L-carnitine. Acetyl-L-carnitine is an endogenous mitochondrial membrane compound that helps maintain mitochondrial bioenergetics and helps to inhibit the increased oxidative stress associated with the aging process. Acetyl-L-carnitine and L-carnitine are absorbed into the bloodstream with equal efficiency. Both are also effective at carrying long-chain fatty acids across the membrane into the mitochondria where they are burned for energy production and utilized efficiently by the cells. Acetyl-L-carnitine also guards against oxidative damage. Amyloid-beta peptide is a principal component of plaques and is thought to be a contributor to the aging process. Acetyl-L-carnitine exerts protective effects against such neurotoxicity and oxidative stress.
Optimized Carnitine with GlycoCarn® combines three advanced forms of carnitine in one single formula to help you optimize energy output:
- Acetyl-L-carnitine - Acetyl-L-carnitine crosses the blood-brain barrier to combat oxidative stress and promote energy production in brain and central nervous system tissues. It also supports the release and synthesis of acetylcholine, enhances the release of dopamine from neurons and helps it bind to dopamine receptors.
- Acetyl-L-carnitine arginate dihydrochloride (ArginoCarn®) - Acetyl-L-carnitine arginate dihydrochloride (ArginoCarn®) is a patented form of acetyl-L-carnitine. Scientific cell studies have suggested that it promotes the growth of neurites that facilitate communication among nerve cells in the brain.
- GlycoCarn® - GlycoCarn® is a patented form of carnitine called glycine propionyl-L-carnitine that is molecularly bonded to glycine, one of the precursor amino acids to carnitine biosynthesis. This form offers such benefits as enhanced fatty acid metabolism, antioxidant activity and increased nitric oxide production. In addition, GlycoCarn® promotes optimal blood flow and combats muscle fatigue by increasing energy and sparing glycogen stores.
These three optimized forms of carnitine will help transport fatty acids right to the heart of your energy-producing mitochondria. This boost in cellular function can help your body produce cellular energy faster, for a quicker recovery after exercise and less muscle fatigue during exercise. It may also benefit your brain, heart, and central nervous system right along with your muscles.
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Acetyl L-Carnitine HCl||800 mg|
|ArginoCarn Acetyl L-Carnitine Arginate Di-HCl||300 mg|
|GlycoCarn Glycine Propionyl L-Carnitine HCl||300 mg|