Life Extension Folic Acid & Vitamin B12 Caps - 90 Vegetarian Capsules
- Folic acid helps maintain healthy skin, GI tract, DNA function, immune function, and much more.
- Sufficient folate levels are essential for healthy cell division and protein synthesis.
- Chronic use of asprin and antacids can reduce your body's ability to metabolize folate.
- Folic acid supplementation is recommended for all women of child-baring age.
Life Extension Folic Acid With Vitamin B12 is Good for Memory Loss, Healthier Skin, and Healthy DNA Function
Folic acid, also known as folate, is a member of the B-complex family of vitamins. Folic acid is mostly found in green leafy vegetables. Folic acid participates in a coenzyme reaction which synthesizes DNA needed for cell growth and new cell formation It also aids in the conversion of vitamin B12 to one of its coenzyme forms.
Folic acid provides the following health benefits:
- Folic acid helps to promote healthy function of your DNA.
- Helps to maintain homocysteine levels already in normal range.
- Gives you healthier looking skin.
- Helps maintain a healthy gastrointestinal tract.
- Folic acid contributes to a healthier immune system.
- Folic acid maintains healthy endothelial function.
- Helps to improve mild memory loss associated with the aging process.
Sufficient folate levels are essential for healthy cell division and synthesis of protein. Folate is also vital for maintaining a healthy GI tract. The systemic need for folate increases in certain states in which increased cell multiplication is needed. Chronic use of certain medications such as aspirin, in therapeutic doses, and antacids can also interfere with your body's ability to metabolize of folate.
A healthy diet along with adequate folate has shown to reduce a woman’s risk of having a child with a brain or spinal cord defect. Women of childbearing age should consume at least 800 mcg of folate daily.
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Folate (as folic acid)||400 mcg|
|Vitamin B12 (as methylcobalamin)||300 mcg|