Life Extension Anti-Alcohol HepatoProtection Complex -- 60 Capsules
- Life Extension Anti-Alcohol HepatoProtection Complex neutralizes free radicals that are a result of consuming alcoholic beverages.
- Contains a number of ingredients that are known for protecting your liver from free radical damage.
- When you consume alcohol, your body produces free radicals from the metabolization of alcohol.
- Free radicals that are alcohol-induced, can cause short term damage throughout your body and advance the aging process.
Help Prevent Liver Damage and Minimize Free Radicals Caused by Consuming Alcoholic Beverages With Life Extension Anti-Alcohol HepatoProtection Complex
When you consume alcoholic beverages, free radicals are naturally produced. Individuals who consume more than the average amount of alcohol often incur medical problems due to the massive free radical-induced cellular damage associated with this excess consumption. Free radicals that are alcohol-induced, can cause short term damage throughout your body. These same damaging free radicals are also the cause of accelerating the aging process.
Reactive oxygen species, or "ROS", have been linked to acute ethanol-induced damage in you liver. A recent scientific study published in the medical journal Artery, confirmed a certain toxic metabolite of alcohol (acetaldehyde) and identified an antidote (N-acetyl-L-cysteine): "All known pathways of ethanol metabolism result in the production of acetaldehyde, a highly reactive compound. N-acetyl-L-cysteine (NAC), an analogue of the dietary amino acid cysteine, binds acetaldehyde, thus blocking its damaging effect on physiological proteins." NAC is a precursor to glutathione and a direct antioxidant. When you take NAC while consuming alcoholic beverages helps to prevent acute ethanol-induced liver damage by counteracting ethanol-induced oxidative stress. N-acetyl-L-cysteine also prevents the advancement of the abnormal retention of lipids within liver cells. It does this by inhibiting the development of oxidative stress and in-turn increases in TNF-alpha.
With this said, when individuals who are exposed to a known toxic substance such as alcohol, it only makes sense to counteract this problem by taking a proven antidote namely, antioxidants.
Life Extension Anti-Alcohol HepatoProtection Complex is an amazing formula for individuals who consume alcoholic beverages
Anti-Alcohol HepatoProtection Complex contains added antioxidants which are specifically designed to support healthy liver function, help to inhibit free radicals, and neutralize toxic alcohol metabolites such as acetaldehyde. Along with vitamin B1, vitamin C, N-acetyl-L-cysteine and benfotiamine, this powerful anti-alcohol formula HepatoProtection Complex provides therapeutic doses of these novel antioxidants:
- Chlorophyllin — an agent that protects the body from oxidative stress
- Leucoselect® grapeseed extract, silymarin (from milk thistle), and trans-resveratrol — three hepatoprotective agents that aid in reducing compounds from potentially xenobiotics and protecting cells from free radical-induced oxidative stress
- Picroliv® Picrorhiza kurroa root extract — contains antioxidant kutkin that scavenges alcohol-induced excess free radicals and stimulates regeneration of cells (hepatocytes)
Taking the proper supplements before and after drinking can substantially protect liver cells from the free radical damaging effects of alcohol consumption.
|Ingredients||Amount Per Serving|
|Vitamin C (as ascorbic acid)||3000 mg|
|Vitamin E (as D-alpha tocopheryl succinate)||50 IU|
|Thiamine (vitamin B1) (as thiamine HCl)||100 mg|
|Zinc (as zinc oxide)||8 mg|
|Selenium (as sodium selenite)||25 mcg|
|Glutathione (reduced)||50 mg|
|Chlorophyllin (from sodium magnesium chlorophyllin)||20 mg|
|Leucoselect grape seed (Vitis vinifera) extract (seeds) std. proanthocyanidins||20 mg|
|Silymarin [from Milk Thistle (Silybum marianum) extract (seed)]||20 mg|
|Picroliv (Picrorhiza kurroa) extract (root) standardized kutkin||15 mg|
|Barley Grass (Hordeum vulgare) whole powder (leaves)||15 mg|
|Trans-Resveratrol [from Polygonum cuspidatum (root) and whole red grape (Vitis vinifera) extracts] [also supplying glycosides (polydatin)]||5 mg|